Choosing skin makeup to suit your skin colour, skin type and condition, coverage requirements, and any other personal preferences can feel like a never ending journey.
Choosing skin makeup that works with your skin
It is a proven fact that most make up clogs and congests the skin. They are full of fillers, petrochemicals, oils and potentially harmful and irritating ingredients.
So many people are suffering the symptoms of clogging makeup and desperately ‘jump’ from one skin care line to another trying to resolve their skin problems, never thinking it may be the make-up they are using. Some people know at one level that it is their make-up, but are unwilling to change as they have chosen a specific foundation because it covers the blemishes. Unfortunately adding fuel to the existing problem that continues due to the skin begin ‘suffocated’ with thick heavy foundations.
Our skin is our largest organ, it protects us and plays a vital role as our body’s first line of defense against infection and other harsh elements. Our skin is full of pores which secrete sebum (oil) and perspiration (sweat) and it is these very pores that fill up with oils and excess product that clog and congest our skin. Bacteria feed on the sebum (oil) which causes inflammation, blemishes and breakout. At various times of the month this problem can be worse due to the female cycle.
We recommend our 3 in 1 Tinted Moisturisers with a zinc base and natural mineral pigments as a recommended daily liquid foundation.
- Non-greasy and light to wear,
- Offer natural sun protection, SPF 25
- Hydrates skin with silky vitamin B3 and natural colour
If more cover is needed, we recommend our pressed mineral powder.
Choose skin makeup that has
- Long Lasting Performance
- Natural True Colours
- Skin Nourishing Vitamins and Antioxidants
- Goji Berry – Amino Acid and Protein Complex
- Bismuth Free (non irritating)
- Free from parabens and dyes
- UV protection – safe for all skin conditions, sensitivity and ages
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
Choose the correct undertone
Hold a white piece of paper under your arm and notice the colour of your complexion. Choose a category below that best fits your true skin tone, look at your body, not just your face. If you spay tan and have altered your natural colour, choose your foundation accordingly to create a harmonious look.
Warm Yellow or Olive undertone (the majority of skin tone)
- Mineral Veil Foundation Golden Light
- Mineral Veil Foundation Golden Medium
- Mineral Veil Foundation Golden Dark
Natural Peach or Pink undertone
- Mineral Veil Foundation Natural Light
- Mineral Veil Foundation Natural Medium
- Mineral Veil Foundation Natural Dark
Choose the correct colour value
Once you know your undertone, choose the correct depth of colour to suit your tone eg if you have a warm undertone, you may be warm/light, if you are slightly more tanned you may fall into the warm/medium or warm/dark value.